- Design sensory studies with cross functional teams using established sensory testing standards.
- Ensuring the sensory laboratory is prepared for the testing
- Provide sensory analytical support to technical research programs and the qualification of new packages and closures; interprets the results and writes reports summarizing findings.
- Participate in managing descriptive, discrimination and consumer testing.
- Engage in panel recruiting, panel training, and reviewing descriptive data and performance analysis.
- Assistance in preparation of a report
- Assists in the preparation of refereed and industry publications, seminars and workshops.
- Provide actionable insights and interpretation based on Sensory and Consumer research for both existing and future R&D projects. Clear implications of research will be communicated in written form and orally to senior managers, with appropriate sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Accept that all intellectual property, patents and discovery arising during the course of employment at the Pepgra’s FRL remain the property of the Pepgra’s FRL.
- Provide back-up support to other NPD functions as needed.
- Participate in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams; works cross functionally to improve processes within the organization.
- Maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Work closely with key cross functional stakeholders to implement Sensory & Consumer Product Insights (SCPI) Research roadmaps and ensure local adherence to R&D processes
- Use strategic thinking to develop robust integrated research plan; with manager’s support, align key stakeholders across various business functions (R&D, Consumer Insights, Marketing)
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Required Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Food Technology, Food Science, Sensory Science or Experimental Psychology plus 2 years of sensory science, marketing research, or product development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Master of Science degree in Food Technology, Food Science, Sensory Science or Experimental Psychology plus sensory science experience.
- Experience in descriptive analysis preferably in the sensory evaluation
- Enology training and experience.
- Experience applying and interpreting experimental designs.
- Experience working as part of a team.
- Experience maintaining a sense of urgency and prioritization of projects.
- Experience defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions
Job Position code: JD-PEP-FRL-16-001
Job Title: Sensory Analyst – Senior Associate
Department: Digital Marketing
Reports To: Team Lead
You will provide primary support for analytical functions surrounding the research design, execution, and interpretation of results from sensory panel evaluations and support the implementation of descriptive, discrimination and consumer panels and training initiatives for the panels and cross-functional teams. You help industry guide new product development (typically food and beverage products) in order to determine what the consumer wants and what they are prepared to buy.
Full Time, Monday to Saturday, 8:00a.m. to 5:00pm. Hours may vary on occasion, depending on workload.
- Possesses good sensory acuity.
- Required to lift and move up to 25 pounds.
- Skilled in organization and multi-tasking.
- Skilled in reading, interpreting, professional journals, technical procedures.
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel and MS Word at an intermediate level.
- Required to travel via automobile and air on occasion to execute job duties.
Mail Id: email@example.com
Contact Number: 9384806335