- COVID19 has been havocking with this entire world, including all the business fields. All the industrial sectors face various challenges right now.
- Demand for the new product development in food and beverage industries is growing every day.
- The food research lab is here to guide the food and beverage companies to understand the challenges and give solutions to the crisis.
The whole food and beverage industries are facing boundless challenges every day, due to the unanticipated pandemic situation. Undoubtedly, food is the basic need of all people. People are very much scared to buy food products from the stores after this pandemic, leads to the financial instability in food and beverage development services. Around 40% of the shops and restaurants were closed. Here are a few challenges that are faced by food and beverage development consultants.
Several Challenges in the food and beverage industries
- Onerous raw material struggling:
Transporting raw materials from urban to rural areas has been difficult for food manufacturers and livestock agriculturalists. The food manufacturing industries faced problems in delaying of supply of food and beverage products. The recipe developing services should help them to come up with alternative ideas.
- Difference in consumer’s behaviour:
As people are not allowed to go outside, people stopped going to restaurants and hotels. There is no food trafficking in restaurants and malls, which leads to the loss of food and beverage companies. Few foodstuff delivery apps have seen an edged increase in demand as people scared of going to the supermarkets.
- Travel curtailment and labour shortage
Travelling to places has been restricted to control the pandemic, results in the labour shortage. People from other states can’t reach their working place results in delaying the manufacturing of food and beverages.
- Money scarcity
Due to this COVID situation, many people got a recession from their jobs. The daily wage workers, labours in site construction have no jobs. They faced scarcity financially and could not able to buy many basic needs. Many food products got wasted due to the lack of customers.
- Challenges in employee management
The food and beverage industries should fulfil the requirements of their staffs and labours. Many people stay jobless like packaging staffs, production workers. The companies should provide at least half the salary amount for them to run their regular lives.
Suggestions to overcome these challenges
- Build a team
Form a team with healthy and active members. Perform a brainstorming session to come up with multiple ideas. Formulate a solution and give an action plan to the team.
- Safeness to health
The first thing to be focussed is the staffs’ safety. They must have all the necessary safety requirements like gloves, masks, sanitizers.
Provide the work from option to the staffs and assure that they are safe. For food safety, the delivery person should be healthy and not affected by COVID.
- Analytical research
The data analysts should focus on the customer needs after this COVID and make a product accordingly. The team should reach customers and collect data about their needs.
Connect with the consumers and retailers after knowing their needs. Ship the goods with safety measures. Get feedback from the customers after they receive the product. Make new plans for transportation and packaging
- Use digital marketing
Digital marketing has set up new strategies in marketing a business. Use digital marketing to get connected with customers. There are many lives to eat. They want to know what is new around them and how to grab them. Digital marketing helps their taste buds to have healthy food and beverages.
- Food bloggers and influencers
- Variety of healthy dishes
The restaurant menu development services should prepare various recipes that are new to consumers. Restaurants need to have new dishes cooked with healthy ingredients.
The consumers will remember those who helped them during their hard times. The food and beverage companies should work on to gain trust and confidence among the customers. Food Research Lab is here to guide you to pursue your dreams and achieve goals. The new normal will be a challenging one to all the food and beverage companies in proving themselves.
- Chowdhury, M. T., Sarkar, A., Paul, S., & Moktadir, M. A. (2020). A case study on strategies to deal with the impacts of COVID-19 pandemic in the food and beverage industry. Operations Management Research.
- Björklund, T. A., Mikkonen, M., Mattila, P., & van der Marel, F. (2020). Expanding entrepreneurial solution spaces in times of crisis: Business model experimentation amongst packaged food and beverage ventures. Journal of Business Venturing Insights, 14, e00197.
- Rowan, N. J., & Galanakis, C. M. (2020). Unlocking challenges and opportunities presented by COVID-19 pandemic for cross-cutting disruption in agri-food and green deal innovations: Quo Vadis?. Science of the Total Environment, 141362.
- Zahra, S. A. (2020). International entrepreneurship in the post COVID world. Journal of World Business, 101143.